Friday, February 12, 2010

1/12/2008

1/12/2008

Deployment is starting off. I’m feeling motivated and excited about all the opportunities before me. I know I will be able to organize and accomplish a lot during these six months, and hopefully facilitate some people along the way, however shallow or profound that aid may be. I am committed to inspiring others and contributing to their health and happiness, and, overall, to the world. I know I’ll reach a position where I can contribute in a greater capacity, however, I have put into reality now that it doesn’t matter where I am, or who I am with, or what I am, or what the circumstances are; I can make a contribution to any person, or people, and they can contribute to me equally as well. Ultimately, I know what I am here to do in this world, and I am doing it. Even more importantly, I have chosen who I am to be, and I am being it.

That being said, I haven’t talked to Liz in almost a week. I am a little worried about how she is doing. She is probably fine. I love her and I miss her. And I do need to talk to her about several issues, like with Lincoln housing. Really I just want to make sure her and the kids are taken care of. I really hope she doesn’t start hanging out with Jodie again, doing drugs and backsliding. She is smarter than that, but I have seen how she can allow the pressures of life to overwhelm her and turn to that darker side for some comfort or relief. I know there is nothing to be found there, and however comfortable the relief may be, it’s only temporary, and it leaves a darkness upon you that can’t be ignored. I hope she understands about our e-mail being down. It’s really not a convenient situation to be in, especially with the news that we have been diverted due to a storm and will be arriving in Hawaii later than planned, and that we have to leave a day early in order to be on station early.

No comments: