Friday, February 12, 2010

20080325

3/25/2008

Which type of human is the best human?

When contemplating this question I began to think about some previous aspirations of mine. I always strived to be the best at something, although I never knew quite what it should be. At one point I had settled on becoming the best fighter through practicing mixed martial arts, which has become a style in itself, as well practicing many other styles and educating myself on their history and principles. This undertaking was short lived after I dislocated my right elbow. I believe this choice was inspired by Bruce Lee, as well as the many successful martial art enthusiasts I became familiar with after I discovered him.

Anyways, it seems to me that modern mixed martial artists in competition are set up to be similar to gladiators, though to a lesser degree of severity in violence. This level of excellence in martial arts takes dedication so extreme that little, if anything, can be a part of one’s life.

I always rejected such specialization, personally. My inspirations and aspirations reach far into many areas of thinking and possibility. To dedicate my life to only one of these would be a waste. If there is a specialty in achieving many things at once that contribute to improving the quality of living, health and wellness, and to the progress of humanity, then this would be mine.

Now we are in Cagayan De Oro, here to strengthen our relations with the Philippines. It’s been a long day already with more work to come, after which we’ll hopefully get a chance to relax and maybe pick up a few things in town. Liberty is restricted due to the high possibility of terrorist attack.

No comments: